- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Brioche Buns (8 buns)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tbsp warm milk
- 2.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2.5 tbsp butter (cubed, softened)
- 1 egg (egg wash)
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix honey, dijon, barbeque, lemon juice and mayonnaise together.
- Optionally add salt.
- Add water, milk, sugar and yeast to a mixing bowl, whisk, and rest 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and mix. In a separate mixing bowl, add bread flour, all purpose flour, salt, and butter.
- Mix until butter is in small crumbs.
- Using a dough hook, knead while adding yeast mixture.
- Knead for 5-8 minutes, place in a greased bowl covered with a damp towel for an hour and a half.
- Flour a work surface and shape dough into a rectangle and cut into 8 pieces.
- With each dough piece, form into a ball by pulling edges into a center point and rolling it upside down. Cover and rest for 30 minutes.
- Paint with egg wash and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes with a tray of water in the oven.
- Cut chicken breasts to shape.
- Brine in buttermilk and pickle juice for 30 minutes.
- Mix the egg and milk together in one bowl, and the potato starch, sugar, salt and pepper in another.
- Place the chicken in egg and milk mixture and then the starch.
- Fry first at 325°F for 3-5 minutes and then 375°F until golden brown.
- Assemble your sandwich from the bottom with pickles, then chicken, then top with your homemade sauce.
Flaky White Kosher Salt
Black Flakey Sea Salt
White Truffle Sea Salt