- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs + 2 yolks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts + 1/4 cup for garnish
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan + more for garnish
- Add flour to the cutting board and make a well (hole) in the middle with a bowl.
- Add eggs, yolks, and olive oil to the well and whisk until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour into the middle until the mixture is uniform, then use your hands to knead the dough together until smooth.
- Place in the fridge with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out the pasta dough and cut into whatever shape you want.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then toss in a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- Blanch (cook) basil for 15 seconds in boiling water, then cold shock in ice water.
- Dry it off immediately after on a towel. Roast garlic in a bit of olive oil over medium heat, then set aside.
- Toast pine nuts until golden brown and aromatic, then set aside.
- Combine basil, garlic, ¼ cup of pine nuts, olive oil, and ½ cup parmesan in a blender and pulse until well combined.
- Add more olive oil if necessary for consistency.
- To a pan on low heat, add your pesto and pasta and stir to coat.
- Try not to heat this up too much, as the olive oil will separate and cheese will release oil.
- Add some pasta water to recreate the emulsion if needed. Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
Black Truffle Sea Salt
White Truffle Sea Salt