- 1 Soft shell crabs
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 avocado
- 2 sheets of Nori
- 2 tbsp furikake
- Japanese mayo
- Soy sauce
- Rinse the rice, then add to the rice cooker with water and cook. Set aside and let cool.
- For the batter, whisk together eggs, sparkling water, and flour.
- Cut the crab in 2 long strips and dredge in the tempura batter before frying at 375°F for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately season with salt.
- Lay out a sheet of nori on a sushi mat.
- Spread a thin layer of rice over the entire sheet.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp furikake over the rice.
- Place a piece of fried soft shell crab horizontally in line with the sushi mat.
- Drizzle Japanese mayo next to the crab. Lay next to it sliced avocado, and optionally torch.
- Brush the crab with soy sauce.
- Roll into a log using the sushi mat, then slice and enjoy!
White Truffle Sea Salt
Flaky White Kosher Salt
Black Flakey Sea Salt